In some cases you may feel that youd like to request a full refund of the driver payment in cases where the driver fails to make delivery as agreed. Please note that this action will need to be addressed with your contracted driver, as they are operating as an independent contractor, and are paid directly by you, the shipper.
The CitizenShipper fees component cannot be refunded, but will be applied as "CitizenShipper Credit" to any future shipments transacted on the site.
Examples of when you can claim a refund for driver payment
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but they contact you later and are having engine trouble.
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but they have a family emergency and cannot pick your stuff up.
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but the driver doesn't make any effort to contact you, and you cannot reach them.
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but they do not show up, and make no effort to contact you to reschedule.
Examples of refund ineligibility when you cancel a shipment:
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but change your mind the next day.
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but decide to move the item yourself.
- You select a driver and pay a deposit, but then your friend offers to move the item for you.
Refund Policies for shipper cancels that meet eligibility requirement:
Shipments cancelled by the shipper must be cancelled atleast 72 hours prior to shipment pick up date. Cancellations made with less than 72 hours notice to driver, forfeit shipment payment for drivers time/expenses incurred.
*In the above cases, all refunds are for driver payment component only. We would be happy to apply your booking/admin fees as a credit to your CitizenShipper account which can be applied toward any future shipments you wish to conduct.
If your shipment is not delivered for any reason, please contact email@example.com to request a refund of the booking deposit.