No. Citizen Shipper cannot force the Respondent to enter the Negotiation Forum. However, by entering the Forum, he or she agrees to act in good faith, which includes taking reasonable steps to achieve a fair and expeditious resolution of the dispute.
Articles in this section
- About Dispute Resolution Services
- What is Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)?
- How does the CitizenShipper ODR process work?
- Who can initiate the ODR process?
- If the parties reach a settlement, how will the terms be memorialized?
- How much does it cost to initiate ODR?
- What kinds of issues with the transaction might prompt a request for ODR?
- Is the Respondent required to participate?
- What outcomes are possible from the ODR process?
- What happens if the parties do not agree to a settlement?