If requested, Citizen Shipper will provide a list of arbitrators, along with contact information, who are willing to arbitrate the dispute online. The decision of the arbitrator is legally enforceable in court. Citizen Shipper will not be involved in any arbitration, and will cease involvement in the dispute once the list of arbitrators is provided to the parties. If the parties choose not to participate in arbitration, either party may seek any available remedies at law, including the use of small claims court.
Articles in this section
- About Dispute Resolution Services
- What is Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)?
- How does the CitizenShipper ODR process work?
- Who can initiate the ODR process?
- If the parties reach a settlement, how will the terms be memorialized?
- How much does it cost to initiate ODR?
- What kinds of issues with the transaction might prompt a request for ODR?
- Is the Respondent required to participate?
- What outcomes are possible from the ODR process?
- What happens if the parties do not agree to a settlement?