The Negotiation Forum is free for both parties. If no agreement is reached even after the participation of a third party neutral, the parties will be referred to an independent arbitrator if they wish to take their dispute to arbitration. At that point, Citizen Shipper will no longer be involved and any payment made to the arbitrator will be decided outside of the ODR process
Articles in this section
- About Dispute Resolution Services
- What is Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)?
- How does the CitizenShipper ODR process work?
- Who can initiate the ODR process?
- If the parties reach a settlement, how will the terms be memorialized?
- How much does it cost to initiate ODR?
- What kinds of issues with the transaction might prompt a request for ODR?
- Is the Respondent required to participate?
- What outcomes are possible from the ODR process?
- What happens if the parties do not agree to a settlement?