Upon resolving the dispute, both parties will sign an official document detailing what has been agreed to. This document will be considered a legal agreement and both parties will be expected to uphold their end of the agreement. Should this not happen, this document can be used as evidence in a small claims court, should that be the route the parties choose.
Articles in this section
- About dispute resolution services
- What is Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)?
- How does the CitizenShipper ODR process work?
- Who can initiate the ODR process?
- If the parties reach a settlement, how will the terms be memorialized?
- How much does it cost to initiate ODR?
- What kinds of issues with the transaction might prompt a request for ODR?
- Is the Respondent required to participate?
- What are the possible outcomes of the ODR process?
- What happens if the parties do not agree to a settlement?