In this section we'll describe more of your profile settings that can be adjusted after clicking the gear icon at the top of the page.
Clicking on My Profile gives you a snapshot of your CitizenShipper profile. From this page you can do the following:
- Change details like your email address, phone number and add information, for example DBA and type of vehicle.
- Add pictures which will be shown on your profile to shipping customers.
- Cancel your subscription.
You'll also be able to review your feedback from past customers, and see a summary of shipments that you've won in the past.
You'll also notice that when you're in your 'Edit Profile' page, that a new option 'Edit Billing Information' appears. If you need to change your credit card billing information just click on the Edit Billing Information link.
When you select the Photos option, you'll be able to add photos to your profile.
Photos are a great way to improve your profile, as they help reduce customer anxiety when they can see a picture of you and your vehicle.
Here's some tips on getting best shots for your profile:
- Best photos are shot in plenty of natural light. Go outside or stand by a big window.
- Don’t do hip shots or webcam shots in poor light. (They can look a bit eerie 😬)
- Smile, be positive.
- For your main profile pic, choose one with your face in it. This is the first impression your customers receive, and they’ll want to see a person they can trust 😊. Not a van.
Besides photos of yourself, you can also upload any of these:
- Pictures from the road. These work great and help customers see what it'll be like working with you.
- Your vehicle an any special equipment which may be required. If you're shipping pets, customers will imagine their pet in your vehicle. Will they like the picture? Make sure they do.
- If you transport cargo that needs special equipment, it's a good idea to show it.
More Useful Articles
Take a look at some of these articles to get the most out of CitizenShipper
Your CitizenShipper Dashboard
Important details on shipments
Setting up your routes
The all-important messaging platform
Best ways to communicate with customers
How your profile appears to customers
Optimizing your notification settings