CitizenShipper offers a free trial period of three months. It's in our best interest that you succeed, which is why we're giving you plenty of time to test-drive the site for free. You can cancel at any time during the trial period, with no subscription fees due.
After the three months are up, we start charging a monthly subscription fee of $29.99. This comes with a money-back guarantee for the first 30 days*. So in effect, you get to test-drive CitizenShipper completely risk-free for four months.
Your subscription renews automatically each month. If planning an extended vacation, dealing with family matters, or just taking a break, you can pause your subscription for up to a month at a time. No charges will be made while your account is paused.
If, however, you want to completely cancel your account, you can do that by visiting the Account Settings screen. There are no cancellation fees involved.
The modest subscription fee that we charge pays for the upkeep of our site and allows us to continue to improve the platform, bringing you the quality jobs that you're looking for. It also pays for your initial background screening that provides the much-needed peace of mind to all your customers.
By upgrading your account, you enter our 3-month free trial period. This grants you access to all the available features of the service, at no charge. The Billing Settings screen shows exactly when the trial will expire:
Once your free trial period is at an end, the service will automatically enter a standard paid plan with monthly billing. Don’t worry about missing the date — you will be notified of the upcoming invoice.
Changing card details
To change the card which is billed each month, go to Billing Settings and click “Change card”. This allows you to either enter new credit card details or update the info for your existing card.
Once you’ve saved your changes, all future charges will be made against this credit card. At the moment, it’s not possible to use multiple cards on a single account.
You can see the full history of charges made to your account at any time. Just go to Billing Settings screen and scroll down to the Payment history section:
Pausing your subscription
If planning an extended vacation, dealing with family matters, or just taking a break, you can pause your subscription for up to a month at a time. No charges will be made while your account is paused.
Here’s what happens when you hit Pause on an active subscription:
- You can still access all the features of the service until your current billing cycle has ended. For example, if it’s Apr 5 and you’ve paid up until Apr 22, your subscription remains active until Apr 22, retaining all functionality until the scheduled pause starts.
- Once your current billing cycle is at an end, your subscription automatically enters the Paused state. While paused, you won’t be able to communicate with customers. In the above example, your current billing cycle ends on Apr 22, and your subscription is automatically paused until May 22.
- During the “paused month”, you can manually resume your subscription anytime. Note that as soon as you do, a new billing cycle is started and a new invoice is generated.
- If you don’t resume your subscription manually, it will automatically resume in a month. Going back to the example, the pause runs from Apr 22 to May 22. At the end of this period, the subscription is reactivated and a new invoice is posted to your account.
If you need any help, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us now.
* refund requests on the first payment made must be sent within 30 days of the first payment being made
What to read next