As stated elsewhere, CitizenShipper does not mediate transactions between transporters ("drivers") and their shipping customers ("shippers"). We are the online marketplace connecting these two sides, but beyond that, any legal agreements they choose to enter are their own affair.
That said, we recognize the fact that most drivers and shippers lack the legal expertise to draft legally-binding documents on the spot. That is why we offer the Driver-Shipper Job Agreement template as a guideline: see the attachment at the end of this article.
How to use the Job Agreement Template
- Download the agreement template, review it, and adjust as necessary to suit the particulars of your situation.
- After the booking is made, print out two copies of the adjusted agreement. Make sure it’s the agreement you would like to enter into with the other party.
- Fill in the requisite information — the names of both parties, the payment details, the date and time of the transport, etc.
- When you meet the other party in person, ask them to review and sign the agreement, adding your own signature as well.
- Take one copy of the signed agreement, and leave the other one in the possession of the other party.
And that’s it. With a signed legal agreement on hand, both the driver and the shipper can feel more confident in the transaction proceeding smoothly.
Once again, please keep in mind that CitizenShipper is not privy to the particulars of any agreement you choose to enter. The document we're offering below is just an example of what your final agreement might look like — literally a template for drivers and shippers to modify as they see fit.
Click below to download the Driver-Shipper Job Agreement Template: